Production Designer / Graphic Artist
Are you a high energy, self motivated, creative looking for an opportunity to work some of the biggest brands and artists in the world?
If so, Culture Studio is hiring for a production Designer/graphic artist.
Culture Studio is a leader in the decorated merchandise industry and are looking expand our Art Department. You will work alongside the our team to achieve goals and push Culture Studio to the top! Responsibilities include creating layouts and art approvals for both screen printing, embroidery, sublimation and cut & sew apparel. Production Designer will also be responsible for creative product development and internal marketing. We are looking for an outgoing individual who takes direction and is also independently motivated to accomplish daily tasks while having the vision to keep all creative branding consistent.
The production artist is the backbone of the Art department in our fast paced, high energy environment. This position requires raw talent combined with dedication. The PD’s main responsibility is to showcase the capabilities of the shop and continuously impress clients. Understanding the importance of predictability from monitor to press to save time in setup and recording results is priority.
PD reports directly to the Art Director
- Level 2 simulated process, Spot Process, CMYK and Channel Seps.
- Upholds a Positive attitude at times of pressure.
- Work on their own without micro management.
- Extensive knowledge in photoshop and illustrator
- Understand DPI and LPI and Mesh counts.
- Firm grasp on email and correspondence.
- Master CTS and DTS settings.
- Professional at line mesh count and LPI comparison.
- Extensive research on separation and design.
- Ability to send in jobs for screen print, offset, paper, banner, etc.
- 4 formal classes done by industry professionals (Able to expose screens on DTS and film.
- Understand Light unit and exposure times.
- Grasp on how emulsion works.
- Able to operate an automatic press.
Advanced Comprehension Level of Adobe Illustrator - Industry Specific Preferred
Advanced Comprehension Level of Adobe Photoshop - Industry Specific Preferred
Effectively & Efficiently handle all vector and photoshop supplied art
Understanding of Embroidery Production
Understanding of Color Theory
Understanding of Underbase Theory and Ink Types
Understanding of Mesh Counts & LPI
Understanding of Squeegee Types, Pressure and Angles
Working Knowledge of Darkroom/Pre PressPhotography Experience a plus